Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Latest Travels

Heeelllllooooo! Oh me it has been way too long since I've posted on my blog and it needs some loving! So I wanted to fill y'all in on my latest news and travels. I took a trip to Raleigh earlier this week for a job interview and completely fell in love! Raleigh is so pretty and has so many things to do.  Here is a little peak at what I got into while visiting!


First stop on my trip was this fab place for lunch. I googled best restaurants in Raleigh and was so happy to find this hidden gem. I got the arugula salad with grilled pears and goat cheese gnocchi with a sage and butter sauce and mushrooms. Omg-hands down one of the best meals I've had!





Next on my list, Furbish Studio. I have been dying to go here ever since becoming a fan of Jamie Meares' blog, I Suwannee. She has such a knack for mixing patterns and has been featured in several design magazines. Trust me, I was not disappointed in the store. After snatching up a few goodies, I headed to a few more antique stores in the area. Raleigh has lots of treasure finding spots for neat furnishings and one of a kind items.



 Here are some shots from other stores I visited in the area.

Some very neat finds.  I'm loving this retro bar cart and the gold sconces! Apologies for the cell phone pics but at least you can get the gist of what I'm saying when I tell you "go visit!!"


I finished my day at Poole's diner. I got this yummy salad with roasted Brussels sprouts and pomegranate seeds. I had to have a glass of vino of course to end the day! This place was adorable and packed with locals! 


I wrapped up my trip with a visit to my sister, Catharine, in Augusta and found this fabulous store! The store is called "Design Solutions" and is located on Monte Sano road. They had the best selection of beautiful bedding and had me scheming on how to change my own bedroom look! They also carry some great PJ's and I did have to snatch up a pair of the Eberjay PJ's-so comfy!




I had a great trip but it did feel good to get back home! Hope y'all have a great weekend and if you are headed to Raleigh be sure to check out these fun spots!

XX, 

2 comments:

  1. All you had to say was sage butter sauce! Sounds relish! And stores look fab as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luce! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Yes, the gnocchi was delicious and I can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete