Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Design Inspiration ...

Can't believe it's already June 12th!  This week has been crazy!  Yesterday, my fiance took some time off work so we could make some more fun mirrors and today I'm going to go get my booty kicked with a new friend of mine in Mobile at an outdoor boot camp! Whew! I might not be able to write once I get back, so I decided to go ahead and post some fun design inspiration for today plus some pics of my living room redo.

When I decorate, I take inspiration from lots of magazines plus some favorite designers I follow.  The key to me is to not get bored! I love a classy, eclectic interior. I don't know about you but I have to have something in the room that peaks my interest and for me that is adding Pops! of color.  I tend to get neutral furniture and then add punch with pillows and fun accessories. Take a look at some of my inspiration and what I have done to turn a bachelor pad into a fun living area (where I envision lots of wine will be sipped).







 I love this scene-clean settee with fun and funky pillows! Plus I love the collection of coffee table books perfectly positioned.



This picture is from Furbish studio in Raleigh, NC. I am DYING to go here because I love the way Jamie Meares decorates. She is fearless with her mix of patterns and gets quite a reaction from the way she can mix color.  She was recently featured in Southern Living Interiors Magazine. I take inspiration from her because she started doing what she truly loves to do (decorate) after she quit a big time corporate career. Go Jamie! Check out her blog I Suwannee.



 Picture taken from an Elle Decor magazine. I really love the rich chocolate brown walls with the fun red pillows.  http://www.elledecor.com/



These two rooms really capture mixing fabrics as well, adding fun artwork, and taking advantage of some great spaces.

Now, on to my room.  If you could have seen this room before I walked onto the scene, you would think this is a major transformation! Just imagine a room with a pool table, hunting trophies all over the walls and lots of beer drinking! If I can find some before pics, I will definitely post but for now, here is the creation I'm working on.


If you like what you see, send me an e-mail at poplifestyledesign@gmail.com for help with your next design project! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment